About Us |
Home & School |
Kirkland Seventh-day Adventist School (KSDA) is a private Christian elementary school offering quality instruction for grades K-8. We are conveniently located in Kirkland, WA with close proximity to I-405, I-90, state route 520 and 522. We draw students from a large geographical area—Monroe to Renton, Seattle to Fall City.
|Current enrollment is 108 students.
KSDA students represent a rich multi-cultural diversity. Languages heard on campus include English, Korean, Spanish, Chinese, Russian and Indonesian. KSDA adheres to a non-discrimination policy.
(See Student Handbook.)
According to Cognitive Genesis, a 4-year study conducted by La Sierra University following 30,000 students in grades 3-9, students in Adventist
Christian schools in North America
||achieve at above average levels without regard to school size, class size or number of grades per teacher. The difference is an average of half a grade above predicted in all subjects. In addition, the more years they attend an Adventist school, the more their average achievement jumps - up to the 73rd percentile. Read more...
KSDA is supported by the following constituent Seventh-day Adventist Churches: Kirkland, Bellevue,Renton Spanish, the Russian Center for Spiritual Enrichment and Eastside SDA Fellowship. Tuition rates are based on several factors related to constituent church membership. (See student handbook for details.) The churches elect representatives from their respective congregations to function as a governing board for the school.
Current School Board officers are:
KSDA Facts and Info:
- Chairman - Matthew Meeks
- Vice-Chair – Bernard Pak
- Treasurer – Tim Sing
- All teachers are required to be certified by Washington State and the Seventh-day Adventist Church's Department of Education.
- Our curriculum includes daily worships and Bible classes
- Twice a year we hold a Week of Prayer
- Extra-Curricular Bible studies are offered each spring
- We have a low student-to-teacher ratio
- We welcome ESL students (English as a Second Language)
- ITBS testing is administered each fall for grades 3-8
- A P.E. program is part of our curriculum
- Conversational Spanish is taught twice a week in grades 1-4
- Computer Instruction is provided for all grades 3 - 8
- Music Instruction is provided in grade K-4
- Beginning band is offered in grade 5
- Full band for grades 6-8
- Various musical performance and vocal groups are available
- Piano, vocal and instrument lessons available
- Daily hot lunch program (menu)
- Active Home and School Association encourages students' out-reach / service opportunities in their communities
- A Unified Dress Code simplifies the "what to wear today" routine and minimizes apparel issues
- Limited transportation is available from Everett area
- After school sports programs include soccer, basketball and volleyball
- After School Care is available
- KSDA shares a campus with Puget Sound Adventist Academy (PSAA), a co-ed Christian high school with 95 students in grades 9 -12.
- KSDA School has been offering Christian education in Kirkland for over 60 years. You can read about it on the Our History page.
- Additional information and school policies can be viewed here.
- After school programs are available in Mandarin, Math, Yearbook, and Robotics.
5320 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033 Phone: 425-822-7554
Founded in 1945